PLEASE stop asking about your eyes!!! Read the art

Vomiting on long hau
I have traveled a lot (almost 2 million miles) the

Can you become an ai
Hi captain , I had an accident 15 yrs ago and ha

Does a jet aircraft
Reading through the comments was both entertaining

Does a jet aircraft
So many nonsense here... Earth isn't flat. Period.

What are the cruisin
"how in the hell can you reach JFK if you leave fr

What are the eyesigh
tjsoihsdojfsioufs f post

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Home > General > AIRASIA Captain unveils his first book in the market LIFE IN THE SKIES (Back dated Press Release)
AIRASIA Captain unveils his first book in the market LIFE IN THE SKIES (Back dated Press Release)
Aviation - General
Saturday, 26 October 2013 15:30

Book Launching by Tan Sri Tony Fernandes and Aireen Omar

SEPANG, 18 October 2013 – AirAsia, Skytrax’s World’s Best Low Cost Carrier today launched a book written by ex-pilot and current flight simulator instructor Captain Lim Khoy Hing, aptly titled LIFE IN THE SKIES - Everything You Want To Know About Flying.

The launch of the book happens to be Captain Lim’s over 40 years of experience in the aviation industry. Captain Lim is famously known for his share of voice and experience in the AirAsia Group’s In-Flight Travel 3Sixty Magazine under the Pilot’s Perspective column.

The LIFE IN THE SKIES offer readers all they need to know about flying , promising excitement with answers to frequently asked questions from the curious public of what happens behind the scenes before, during and after take-off.

Captain Lim said,  “The successful publication of my book is a dream comes true for me. It has taken me more than 12 years in the planning. Tony’s famous theme, dreaming big and doing the impossible has finally inspired me to realise my dream.”

Captain Lim Khoy Hing, who is currently a flight simulator instructor for AirAsia and AirAsia X, began his flying career with the AirAsia Group in 2006 up until his retirement in 2011. He flew the Airbus A320, A330 and A340 aircraft and has logged a total of 25.500 flying hours, having flown to over 80 destinations.

During his piloting days, Captain Lim Khoy Hing realised that many people were afraid to fly and had many questions about their fears and flying in general. This then led to his personal website www.askcaptainlim.com which of course paved the way for our beloved captain to his first publication.

Tony and my Book

Co-Founder and AirAsia Group Chief Executive Officer, Tan Sri Tony Fernandes is the proud sponsor of the book who had himself pen down the foreword for the 249 page book.

Tan Sri Tony Fernandes said, “I am proud that our captain has finally published a book through his passion for flying with us. This book is indispensable to anyone who has ever wondered what goes on behind the scenes before, during and after each flight. It offers insights and great experience of a pilot who in the past had great passion for flying and who is living his dream.”

“The launch of the book is a proud and great memorable achievement for the AirAsia group, as it depicts one of the many talents we have among our 10,000 All Star employees. AirAsia is honoured to be part of realising ones dream and we have always embedded in our staff to “Dream the Impossible, Believe the Unbelievable and Never Say No for an Answer” and this achievement reiterates just that,” concluded Tony.

Interested readers may purchase the book on board our flights, at the AirAsia Megastore Kiosk located at the Kuala Lumpur Low Cost Carrier Terminal or order copies online here

PS. To check for any latest updates or postings, you can follow my Twitter at @CaptKHLim  If you like what you read, more stories are found in my book LIFE IN THE SKIES and you can purchase a copy here.

Trackback(0)

TrackBack URI for this entry

Comments (0)

Subscribe to this comment's feed

Write comment

smaller | bigger

busy

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Recommended By..

LIFE IN THE SKIES

'A Local Bestseller!'

Recommended by

Patrick Smith
Boston USA
(See
here)

Capt Meryl Getline
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

Capt Doug Morris
Canadian Airlines
(See
here)

Capt  Robert J Boser
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

38 Readers' Comments
(See here)

Get an autographed copy here

AMAZON.COM  -  To Order, please Click here 

(eBook) Kindle edition - please Click here

View Book Launch video here

Follow me

@CaptKHLim

Like What You Read?

If you like what you read, more stories are found in my book LIFE IN THE SKIES (Preview here) and you can purchase a copy here. To check for any latest updates or postings, you can follow my Twitter at @CaptKHLim or Facebook here

MH 370 Interviews

Click here to View

10 Most Popular Posts

Disclaimer | Privacy
2004 - 2011 © AskCaptainLim.com | Site Concept by eQuilec.com