PLEASE stop asking about your eyes!!! Read the art

Vomiting on long hau
I have traveled a lot (almost 2 million miles) the

Can you become an ai
Hi captain , I had an accident 15 yrs ago and ha

Does a jet aircraft
Reading through the comments was both entertaining

Does a jet aircraft
So many nonsense here... Earth isn't flat. Period.

What are the cruisin
"how in the hell can you reach JFK if you leave fr

What are the eyesigh
tjsoihsdojfsioufs f post

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Home > Flying on the Boeing 777 > Would you trust your loved ones flying on the Boeing 777?
Would you trust your loved ones flying on the Boeing 777?
Flying - Flying on the Boeing 777
Sunday, 22 March 2009 14:11

Dear Capt Lim,

I am a very very scared flyer. I am due to fly from Orlando to Manchester on 4th April but I am considering canceling the flight.

I have all sorts of horrid thoughts going through my head. I also have many CDs about fear of flying. I know air travel is safe but it doesn’t stop me from thinking about the worse.

But my question is, I am thinking of booking a flight with British Airways from London to Atlanta and I know the plane will be a Boeing 777. After reading different articles on the plane I’m not sure what to do.

In your opinion is the Boeing 777 an air worthy aircraft? Would you trust your loved ones on the aircraft and would you travel on one?

Thank you for taking the time to read my post

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

According to the European Aviation Safety Agency, the Boeing 777 is safe despite concerns from the US transport authority (NTSB) that versions with Rolls-Royce engines could lose power in freezing weather. That is, provided the airlines undertake the operational procedures that the Safety Agency has mandated.

British Airways said it would continue to fly its Boeing 777 aircraft despite the NTSB order for an urgent redesign to part of the engines. The order was that the Rolls-Royce engine's fuel/oil heat exchanger be redesigned as a permanent way of stopping ice forming and restricting fuel flow.

A British Airways spokeswoman said that the airline had adopted the mandatory changes to flying procedures designed to prevent a repeat of the fuel blockage which was believed to have caused the crash of BA Boeing 777 at London's Heathrow in January 2008.

The NTSB has said that a Delta Air Lines Boeing 777 had suffered a similar loss of engine power while flying between Shanghai and Atlanta in November 2008. The pilot followed the recommended procedure to recover engine power and landed the jet safely at Atlanta.

Well, this incident is more likely when the Boeing 777 flies over the polar route both ways and the ground temperature at the stopover point is well below zero.

Your flight from London to Atlanta does not fly over the polar routes. So you need not have to worry at all.

Despite the adverse reports about the Boeing 777, this plane still holds the record of being the safest commercial airliner in the world.

Yes, the British Airways Boeing 777 as operated by one of the safest airlines today is of course still airworthy. An airline would not put its reputation at stake and it would do its utmost to ensure that their planes are safe before they are put into service.

And yes, I would travel and also put my loved ones on the Boeing 777 anytime! alt

Boeing 777 performing cross wind landing

British Airways Boeing 777 from London to Boston (Simulated)

Trackback(0)

TrackBack URI for this entry

Comments (2)

Subscribe to this comment's feed
How can someone question a 777!!!!!
Its wrong to not trust this wonderful airplane!!!! i feel bad when someone says something bad about it because it's definitely not like that!!! smilies/sad.gif

Plus how many 777s have had to fly over the pole with out any accident? Too many!!! i had taken the polar route lots of times in a 777 and its the most wonderful thing!!! smilies/wink.gif

I do not enjoy turbulence at all! maybe just during landings but if you are afraid of flying dont start reading about all the accidents an airplanes has had!!! c'mon! thats like toruturing yourslef without need!
Lucciana , 12 Feb, 2011
boeing 777
the boeing 777-300 is a fantastci plane to fly on with space and comfort it is an outstanding way to fly don't worry about your flight in fact try and enjoy itsmilies/grin.gif
plane lover , 03 Jul, 2012

Write comment

smaller | bigger

busy

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Recommended By..

LIFE IN THE SKIES

'A Local Bestseller!'

Recommended by

Patrick Smith
Boston USA
(See
here)

Capt Meryl Getline
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

Capt Doug Morris
Canadian Airlines
(See
here)

Capt  Robert J Boser
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

38 Readers' Comments
(See here)

Get an autographed copy here

AMAZON.COM  -  To Order, please Click here 

(eBook) Kindle edition - please Click here

View Book Launch video here

Follow me

@CaptKHLim

Like What You Read?

If you like what you read, more stories are found in my book LIFE IN THE SKIES (Preview here) and you can purchase a copy here. To check for any latest updates or postings, you can follow my Twitter at @CaptKHLim or Facebook here

MH 370 Interviews

Click here to View

10 Most Popular Posts

Disclaimer | Privacy
2004 - 2011 © AskCaptainLim.com | Site Concept by eQuilec.com