PLEASE stop asking about your eyes!!! Read the art

Vomiting on long hau
I have traveled a lot (almost 2 million miles) the

Can you become an ai
Hi captain , I had an accident 15 yrs ago and ha

Does a jet aircraft
Reading through the comments was both entertaining

Does a jet aircraft
So many nonsense here... Earth isn't flat. Period.

What are the cruisin
"how in the hell can you reach JFK if you leave fr

What are the eyesigh
tjsoihsdojfsioufs f post

What are the procedu
Hello Sir, I am currently B737NG Cpt.TRI /TRE hol

Could an A320 pilot
I plan to do ATR 72 -600 type rating , for that be

Is there less turbul
Flying from San Francisco to Philippines, end of M

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Home > Becoming a Pilot > Can I become a MAS pilot with a frozen ATPL and IR taken on my own?
Can I become a MAS pilot with a frozen ATPL and IR taken on my own?
Pilot Career - Becoming a Pilot
Friday, 27 August 2010 07:24

Hey Sir,

Awesome website you have here.

Anyway, I'm currently studying aviation somewhere in Australia at Basair Aviation College and I am from Malaysia by the way. My target is to fly for MAS in the near future. I'll be completing my CPL and IR here and most probably ATPL here as well. But I'll be earning myself an Australian License, no?

I was wondering, after I complete my course and IF there is a cadet intake program for MAS soon after I finish my course, will they somehow accept me since that I have my CPL and ATPL frozen and just sponsor me for my conversion?

I am not trying to act all smart nor be a show off here but I'm sure I'll have more aeronautical knowledge and more flying experience than other candidates that are trying to get chosen for the cadet program.

Do you, sir, think that it is possible for me to do that?

Or could you give me some advice that'll help me to achieve my dream of becoming an airline pilot for MAS?

My last resort is to get an Flight Instructor Rating and become an instructor here in Australia and apply for an Airline after I've collected about 1500 hours of flying experience. I am only 18 this year and I am not in a rush to be an airline pilot but I am giving myself 6 more years before I fly for an airline.

So what do you think? alt

Regards,

Jason.

Hi Jason,

I am not sure if your Australian ATPL/IR will be fully recognized by DCAM. If not, you may have to convert your license to a Malaysian one. You would have to sit for 6 additional papers and do 25 hours on a twin-engine plane to get your Malaysian IR. Please confirm this with the DCAM.

If there is a cadet intake when you return home, you would have the advantage but that is not a guarantee unless you can satisfy all the basic requirements and pass the interview. That is, if they can slot you in with a sponsored batch that has graduated at the same time.  Otherwise, it is very rare for them to recruit trainees with frozen ATPL and IR. They would generally prefer fresh candidates of their choice.

However, you would have the alternative of joining Air Asia (its also a very good airline) when they open their recruitment again in the near future.

Yes, in the meantime, you can get a Flight Instructor Rating to accumulate your flying hours and reapply with any airlines basing on your experience if you fail to get into MAS.

I wish you all the best alt!

Trackback(0)

TrackBack URI for this entry

Comments (3)

Subscribe to this comment's feed
How to become a pilot?
I want to become a pilot.How can I become a pilot?What can I do for it.I waiting for your reply message.I hoping you will reply a very good awnser.

Thank You !
Thinesh a/l Devadas , 01 Sep, 2010
Hi
I like to fly planes.I wish to fly planes.I like to
travelling in airplanes.But I'm a child.So I play flight simulator x.But I have only a demo fsx.

Thank you !
Thinesh a/l Devadas , 01 Sep, 2010
Jason,i hv de same problem lik wat u r having now.. so wats ur plan at the moment ?
Melvin , 28 Mar, 2011

Write comment

smaller | bigger

busy

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Recommended By..

LIFE IN THE SKIES

'A Local Bestseller!'

Recommended by

Patrick Smith
Boston USA
(See
here)

Capt Meryl Getline
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

Capt Doug Morris
Canadian Airlines
(See
here)

Capt  Robert J Boser
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

38 Readers' Comments
(See here)

Get an autographed copy here

AMAZON.COM  -  To Order, please Click here 

(eBook) Kindle edition - please Click here

View Book Launch video here

Follow me

@CaptKHLim

Like What You Read?

If you like what you read, more stories are found in my book LIFE IN THE SKIES (Preview here) and you can purchase a copy here. To check for any latest updates or postings, you can follow my Twitter at @CaptKHLim or Facebook here

MH 370 Interviews

Click here to View

10 Most Popular Posts

Disclaimer | Privacy
2004 - 2011 © AskCaptainLim.com | Site Concept by eQuilec.com