Which flying school
Hi captain, my name is farisyah and next year im h

Are the Airbus A380
Air india pilots salary

How would you compar
I had travel all over the world in so many models

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Home > Becoming a Pilot > How to become an airline pilot in Malaysia or Singapore?
How to become an airline pilot in Malaysia or Singapore?
Pilot Career - Becoming a Pilot
Wednesday, 31 December 2008 14:20

The answers below are in response to the following 100 aspiring pilots:-

Cheah Wing Seng, Satia Silan, Lee Shaun, Malcolm, Gurubaran Visvanathan, Jay, Eric, Airliners_Din, Ephrain Long Jisheng, TopGUn, Manveen, Paul, Federick, Kenny, James, Andrew, Adrain C, Isaac, Varadarajan, Awss, Ashjit, Faireez, Shoaib Khan, Zuratul, Shoaib, Shahir, Pani, David, Alan, Girish Sachdev, Hui Qi, Kaizad, Azlan Roni, Emanuel Dadson, Christ Lockert, Phoenix, Yaw Ibrahim, Mohammed T, Haslam Romeo, Ken, Nicholas, Jejaka Q, Chen Junwen, Nabiel Hanif, Cornelia, Anant Mohan, Anshul Sheoran, Kanan P G, Rohan Jain, Ariff, Ashley, Ripudaman, Gibson, Lee Jan Jie, Aihui Peh, Aubrey, Monica, Sannan Tariq, Darab, Ng Pin Yuan, Stan, Vic, Shelly, Ammar Fahmi, Ahmad Mirza, Joel, Dan, Will, Johan, Soo Huai Chien, David, David Siew, Raj, Drahman, Barry, Alan, Mike, Givian, Henry, Roger, Rahul, Jackson Primer, Syazwan, Tunde Adekoya, Jaswinder, Richard Phun, Hamzani, Salehuddin, Din, Shaun, Valarie, Amy, Derek, Jibol, Flyboy, Michael, Derek, Joseph, Dragon Xu, Edwin Ng.

Many wannabes continue to ask me how to go about being a pilot in Malaysia or Singapore but lack the initiative to search for the answers in my site or the Web. Initiative is one of the qualities, among many others, that the interviewers would be looking at.

Well, below are the some of main issues that have already been answered but I will nevertheless run them through briefly again.

Airlines

A suitable local pilot has the choice of joining the following main airlines in Malaysia:-

a. Malaysia Airlines
b. MAS Wings
c. Firefly
d. Air Asia
e. Transmile

Fortunately, he can also go down South to Singapore and apply to:-

a. Singapore Airlines
b. Silk Air
c. Tiger Airways
d. Jetstar Asia

Requirements

The first step into this career is to have the basic academic qualifications. Kindly contact the airlines concerned (and not me) if your qualifications or requirements do not match closely.

So, in order to join any flying school leading to a CPL/IR in Malaysia, you must have at least a SPM with 5 credits, inclusive of English, Mathematics and a Science subject. That is the minimum required but if you wish to be sponsored by the airlines, then a degree would give you that edge since there are thousand of applicants for the limited places available.

Let’s look at the requirements for the following airlines:-

Singapore Airlines

1. Singapore Citizen, Singapore Permanent Resident or Malaysian Citizen

2. Must have GCE ‘A’ level, Polytechnic Diploma or Degree. In addition, you must have obtained a minimum of 5 Credits in the GCE ‘O’ level or its equivalent. These must include English, Mathematics and a Science subject, preferably Physics, taken at one sitting.

3. At least 1.65 m in height

4. Myopia of not more than 500 degrees and astigmatism of not more than 125 degrees, fully correctable with optical aids. For candidates who have undergone corrective eye surgery (e.g. Lasik), the pre-surgical visual acuity should also meet the above requirements.

5. Medically fit

Malaysia Airlines

1. Malaysian citizen, age between 18 to 26 years old (as at date of application)

2. Pass SPM or its equivalent qualification recognized by Malaysian Government with six (6) credits including Bahasa Malaysia and a minimum of B4 in Mathematics, Physics and English taken at one sitting OR
Possess Diploma / Degree in Engineering or Science related disciplines with minimum CGPA 3.0 or above and six (6) credits with pass in Bahasa Malaysia in SPM taken at one sitting.

3. Must be physically and mentally fit with good eyesight (visual acuity of at least 6/60 without optical aid, correctable to 6/6) and not color blind.

4. Minimum height 163 cm (5ft 4in).

5. Prepared to sign training bond.

Air Asia

1. Malaysian citizen, aged between 18 and 28 as at date of application

2. Passed SPM (or its equivalent that is recognized by the Malaysian Government) with at least A2 in English and mathematics and B3 in Physics taken at one sitting. (Those from the Arts stream should have at least an A2 in General Science); or

3. Posses a Diploma/Degree in Engineering or Science-related disciplines with CGPA 3.0 and the above and at SPM level scored at least a B4 in the subjects above taken in one sitting.

4. Good command of English and Bahasa Malaysia both written and spoken

5. Must be physically and mentally fit with good eyesight (visual acuity of at least 6/60 without optical aids, correctable to 6/6 and not color blind. Should be able to successfully pass a medical examination up to Class 1 standard conducted by a Department of Civil Aviation Authorized Medical Examiner (DAME)

6. Minimum height of 163 cms (5 ft 3 ins)

Scholarships and Bonds

Normally, the airlines would sponsor the cadet’s training in the program and upon successful completion of the training, he must sign a bond. It is not a full scholarship as such because some airlines would require the successful cadet pilot to pay back a portion of the training on a monthly basis.

Flying Training Schools

Successful candidates are sent to various flying schools to be determined by the airlines. Private candidates (who failed to get airlines sponsorship) can still pursue their own training in the various flying schools in Malaysia below:-

1. HM Aerospace in Langkawi

2. Air Pacific Flight Training

3. Malaysia Flying Academy

For more flying schools overseas, please click here.

Cost of Training

It varies between training organizations and may depend on the type of aircraft used. It can vary from one trainee to another, depending on how quickly he picks up his flying lessons and reaches the appropriate standard.

It is important not to judge your choice of training organization solely on cost. You should also look at how they can help you to achieve your ultimate goals.

The cost of the training up to CPL with IR (Frozen ATPL) would be between RM 190,000 to RM 225,000. For the details, please contact the schools listed above.

Other queries…

For Malaysians, I would suggest that you go to the DCAM’s Website for the Abridged Guide on Becoming a Pilot here.

For more of the finer points on age, eyesight/color blindness, medical requirements and many other issues for the aspiring pilots, they can be searched or found under the various Categories in this site.

For new cadet pilot recruitments for the next season, please contact the airlines, failing which, watch out for the advertisements in the newspapers or go to their websites.

SIA do recruit, periodically, Indian candidates who meet the requirements.

Airbus A320 type ratings are offered by CAE located at MAA, LCC Kuala Lumpur but I believe they are full at the moment. The other establishment that offers similar ratings is found at Clark Aviation in the Philippines. From their website (not sure if it is still active or updated), it states that they have a full flight simulator with advanced visual and motion systems. According to them, on successful completion of the simulator phase, trainees would be required to demonstrate their skills on a real A320 aircraft by competently conducting 12 take offs and landings under the supervision of an experienced instructor.

The successful completion of the final part of the training would lead to the issue of an A320 type rating to enable you to operate as a Co-Pilot in commercial flights under the supervision of an experienced airline captain. I am not sure if their rating is recognized by some of the airlines. However, I have heard that one current Tiger Airways co-pilot was trained in this institution. For current cost details, please e-mail them at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

To others, kindly do a thorough search in my Site or the Forums for most of your answers.

I wish you all the best in your future flying career and a Happy New Year 2009! alt

Trackback(0)

TrackBack URI for this entry

Comments (179)

Subscribe to this comment's feed
LOOKING FOR CPL , Low-rated comment [Show]
LOOKING FOR CPL
Yes, you may do your flying training in Malaysia.

Generally, most countries operating under the UKCAA Regulations will accept a Malaysian license. If you wish to convert the Malaysian License to an Indian license, you are advised to check with the Indian Aviation Authorities for their particular requirements.

Malaysia is an ICAO signatory. Hence all other countries who are ICAO signatories will honor your license (subject to their local additional requirements to be met by you).

Additionally, write to the Flying School you wish to enroll in Malaysia and they would be most willing to help.
Captain Lim , 19 Jan, 2009
Citizenship Status , Low-rated comment [Show]
Age limit , Low-rated comment [Show]
i want to be sponsered!! please capt lim. help me! , Low-rated comment [Show]
i am a girl , Low-rated comment [Show]
sponsored
hi meel, unfortunately, the airliners are very strict in their cadet pilot selection. only the best of the best are selected. if you do not meet the education criteria, you can always go for self funding training in the academy. remember, there are so many bright students out there who are aspiring pilots too, so you can imagine the intensity of the competition when it comes to selection process. good luck.
kaelvin , 21 Mar, 2009
... , Low-rated comment [Show]
wondering , Low-rated comment [Show]
Enquiries~ , Low-rated comment [Show]
CAA Licence. , Low-rated comment [Show]
... , Low-rated comment [Show]
i need yr opinion , Low-rated comment [Show]
Need opinion , Low-rated comment [Show]
how to apply or become a pilot , Low-rated comment [Show]
want to be a pilot , Low-rated comment [Show]
how i want i become a MAS cadet , Low-rated comment [Show]
does the a level can help to be a pilot , Low-rated comment [Show]
Height Requirement , Low-rated comment [Show]
I want to fly but I can't afford , Low-rated comment [Show]
scholarships , Low-rated comment [Show]
inquiry to convert my cpl license in malaysia , Low-rated comment [Show]
hello,
martha here.im sitting 4 my spm exam this year...after the exam i would like to become a pilot..may i no what are the minimum qualifications for me to achieve my ambition???
martha , 11 Oct, 2009
Finiancial
hello,
wooi kian here i want to ask about how know what airline got supply sponsorship???
or if no get the sponsorship ......where and how i get finiancial support(sponsorship,loan,and.......)
Lim Wooi Kian here........... , 11 Oct, 2009
i`m a girl , Low-rated comment [Show]
financial
hello
i want to ask if i dont get sponsorship how to manage the financial
sara , 23 Oct, 2009
hello captain lim,
im jeffrey. i din study physics during spm, but i wish to become an airlines pilot. i have achieve all the other requirement but jz the physics subject make me really headache. do i still have a chance to become pilot wif other science subject like biology?
plz help me... here is my email add( This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it )
ah jeff , 26 Oct, 2009
i really need help , Low-rated comment [Show]
About the latest (2009) grading system..
Dear Sir,I'm Lee Shaun.. I want to ask you about the latest requirement to become a pilot in Malaysia because of the latest grading system.. There's no 1A or 2A or 3B in fact it is A+,A,A-... Please let me know as soon as possible.. I know you are very very busy.. A reply will do..
Thank you..
Lee Shaun , 17 Nov, 2009
Enquiries about the latest requirement to become a pilot..
Dear Captain,I'm Shaun.. Now there's the latest grading system.. Are there any change of the requirement? The grade used to be 1A,2A,3B in fact now there's A+,A,A-..... Please let me know about the latest requirement to become a pilot in Malaysia.. I know you are very very busy with all those flying.. A prompt reply will do.. You can also email me at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it '> This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Thank you..
Lee Shaun , 17 Nov, 2009
about my eye sight , Low-rated comment [Show]
didnt meet requirement to study in Malaysia.
Hi Captain,Im Arun from Malaysia and I really want to be a pilot.Right now i don't know where to start my training.I've finished my SPM but my results are not so good.I got A1 for English but my maths and physics i only got a D7.So i cant study here in Malaysia.I also had a thought of wanting to study in Australia because there they dont have any formal educational requirement.After im done training there i will come back to Malaysia and do a conversion but i see there is no point because to convert your Australian license to Malaysian license they will look at SPM result.Im really in a Dilemma right now,i dont know what to do.I really need your advice Captain.Thank you.
Arun , 20 Jan, 2010
need airline courses
hai captain..im arvin form malaysia.my aim is to be pilot.im sitting for spm in this year.i want ask what airline got supply sponsorship.k.your information is very heipful for me.hope you can reply me soon...email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
arvin , 25 Jan, 2010
I want to join malaysia airlines
Hi capt.Lim.i am currently doing a CPL course in australia.and i am 19 this year.my SPM result is up to the requirements of the airline.I wonder how much do i need to pay for conversion.or should i just stop at PPL and try to apply for the interview.Because i heard the conversion is very expensive in malaysia.
Simon , 06 Feb, 2010
thank u for the information
this really helpful for me.as well i am finding for information to get involve in the flying career.hope to wish me luck too,captain.XD
khairul , 07 Feb, 2010
checking
Hi... i'm really interested in doing piloting so i want to know if a Malaysian Citizen can still apply for Singapore airlines...
pls reply a.s.a.p smilies/smiley.gifsmilies/smiley.gif
thank u...
Ralte , 18 Feb, 2010
Can girl be a pilot?
yeah.
i really and extreamly interested in this kind of job.
what really i need to do for applying all this organization since i was sitting for my spm this year 2010.
i also wondering can girl perticipate it.because mostly flying school that i research is for a men.
please and hopefully you will reply it.
Qilalatip , 18 Feb, 2010
2010 scholarship
Is there any airline offering any scholarship to aspiring pilots for the year 2010? i am really interested in becoming a pilot my my family financial situation could be hard for me to become a pilot unless i got sponsered.
Ming , 24 Feb, 2010
scholarship
i dont know where to get scholarship for becoming a pilot..so can you tell me??
rafhanah , 13 Mar, 2010
what should i do?13 march 2010
Hi,Capt Lim.I am chongwei.i really dun know what should i do now.i sitting spm 2009,i took my result at 11 march 2010,my BM C,BI B,math and addmath A+,physic A-,chemistry B+,biologi B,sjh D.i really confident in my add math.but i wearing spec with myopia of 125 for left side and astigmatism of 50 and right side myopia of 175.My height is 173+,weight 60+.Can i get sponsorship with air asia or further?i am chinese boy i scare the sponsorship just give for malay.i scare miss this years register chance.Can sir tell me what should i do now?email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it tel:0165413582 Thank You...smilies/cry.gif
ChongWei , 13 Mar, 2010
straight As and would like to pursue my passion
Dear Captain lim,
I have search high and low for scholarship in the area of cadet pilot, but couldn't get any useful information. Is Airasia and MAS giving our scholarhip this year? If I were to pursue this course under my parent's funding, what are the chances that I can secure a job upon graduation? I know that pilot study is not a common choice for straight As student and many of my teachers thinks that I should choose something more concrete, but my passion still stay with pilot. Please do advise.Many thanks.
Yong , 15 Mar, 2010
Looking for a bright future!!
Greeting to Capt Lim, I'm Desmond from Johor Bahru.
I just took my SPM result and it's above requirement. BM,A- ;BI,A+; Math,A+; addmath A+; chemistry A-; physics A-.
my height is 182cm with 67kg weight, perfect eyesight.
I have been looking around for every airline to get scholarship but i didn't get any respond. Pilot is really my dream career bcoz i wish to be outstanding and i wish to achieve my dream as earlier as i can.
Can Capt Lim pls show me a way out to gain scholarship or juz a chance to have an interview with Airlines? i'm confident to seize any single chance in front of me.
Kindly contact me via email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it '> This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
HP no. 0167208860
Thanks~
Desmond , 15 Mar, 2010
after the training
i'm interested to be a pilot n join the cadets. but i confused about the job after d training..my father want to support me to go to manila for the licence there.but u noe that the fees was very expensive.how should i pay it back if didnt got the jobs after get the licence?any advice??mayb ur advice can help me to make my father feel cool..tq

email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
namesmilies/shocked.gifp syhamiel
syhamiel , 20 Mar, 2010
short girl ._.
hey, i am 154cm, but i really wannabe a pilot ._.
am i accepted?
plus, i am a girl.
please reply as soon as possible.
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
thanks smilies/smiley.gif
July , 21 Mar, 2010
hye~ i want to ask something.. can i juz get at least credit for my science and mathematics in spm??
art stream boy , 22 Mar, 2010
Expat direct entry FO
Good day Sir

I am currently in Indonesia as they have opend up for expats. Are MAS or any other airlines in Malaysia opening up for the same? I am JAA 737 rated with a few hundred hrs on type.

Thanks
mark , 30 Mar, 2010
Can't Afford the Course Fees
Hello Sir. I am very interested to become a pilot. I got a nice result, 8A 2B for my SPM 2009. BUT, the course fee for CPL/IR with Frozen ATPL course is around RM 200 thousand. I can't afford to pay the fees with my family alone. Please help me suggest some ways to get a scholarship. I really really need it. Plus, I aware that Malaysia Airline is not providing any financial support to SPM leaver starting this year. I don't know how to solve my financial problem regarding this issue. Please inform me if there is any available scholarship. I will be very glad and thankful for your generous help. Thank you.
Email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it '> This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Contact number: 014-6933447
Muhammed Harith Khan , 02 Apr, 2010
indian pilot looking for job
hi captain
i am indian cpl holder with 206 flight hours can i apply for a job in malasiya or singapore, plz reply on my mail id
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
thanks
gaurav sawai , 08 Apr, 2010
As a pilot can smoking or take alcohol?
As a pilot can smoking or take alcohol?But not during the implementation time,only at the leisure time...
Tommy , 14 Apr, 2010
We have desire to work in yours company.
Dear sirs,

We have desire to work in yours company.
Crew of helicopter Mi-8T/Mi-8MTV (MI-17)..... From Kyrgyzstan....
Crew of helicopter Mi-8T/Mi-8MTV with mountain experience
and with experience of work:
-in Singapore,
-in Indonesia,
-UN mission -UNAMID in Sudan,
-MONUC in Congo .

-Captain Mi-8T / Mi-8MTV, 1st class pilot instructor, has admissions to all kind of work.
Total flight time √ 5500hrs.
Minimum by instrument flight rules (IMC) and visually 150x2000x25.
Admission:
- to conducting radiotelephony operation in English
-externally load
-precision point landing H-4500m.
-Co-pilot Mi-8T / Mi-8MTV, has experience all
kind of work. Admission to conducting radiotelephony operation in English.
Total flight time √ 1300hrs.
-Board engineer Mi-8T / Mi-8MTV, has experience all kind of work.
Total flight time √ 2500hrs.

P.S. Possibly with technical staff (aviation techniques).

E-mail: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it '> This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Crew , 18 Apr, 2010
money
my dad is poor but i really want to become a pilot..is there anyway that i can guarantee myself a scholarship? i excell in sports and got 6 A's for my spm..
yoganesh , 22 Apr, 2010
did mas offer loans??
dear capten,
i want to know if mas did prepared a loan for a person to be a pilot?
farid , 25 Apr, 2010
HELP FOR A FRIEND OF MINE
DEAR CAPTAIN LIM,

im here just to help my friend which graduated as a commercial pilot and his searching for a job regardig to his career.He have tried applying for most of the airlines company(malaysia),but end up nothing and needed recommandation in order to get his dream job.Sir with your kind heart would you help him to get his dream job in malaysia or singapore?? smilies/sad.gifsmilies/cry.gif
TRESSA.vatz , 27 Apr, 2010
Girl can be a pilot?
Ophelia , 10 May, 2010
Height
Captain,

Having a height of 160 cm, is it impossible to be an airline pilot?
wei , 16 May, 2010
Hi captain Lim, i would like to enquire whether Singapore airlines will hire female pilots. hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.
Clara , 02 Jun, 2010
help!!
hi captian
i m an australian pilot license holder from india
what are my options for applying in singapore or malaysian airlines. i have cpl with c/me ifr.
rahul , 11 Jun, 2010
pilot...
hi captain,
i want to be a pilot when i finished my studies...now i m science student in a school at malaysia...but, i dont know what i should do after finished my studies to become a pilot??.... my family is poor....where i can get the sholarship????..i m confused...
johnatan , 17 Jun, 2010
please assist me captain.i need your help
a pleasent greeting to you captain.my name is MACMILLAN MUDEKWA.I want to become a pilot but my parents cannot support me financiall.am doing my grade 12 at PRINCE EDWARD SCHOOL in Zimbabwe.am willing to go through all the required procedures.i am doing intergrated science.mathematics.geography,english language and combined science.i am willing to start this course any time.please help me CAPTAIN.i want to persue my dream career.reply me on { This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it }
macmillan , 22 Jun, 2010
pls......................
hello captain Lim ,
I'm from thailand and I am girl but I so interested to be a pilot...And my height is 168cm...I good at physic,Math,Science,English but I can't speak Malaysia.smilies/grin.gif
JEJEE , 23 Jun, 2010
hello captain,i hold a philippines cpl ,i want to convert my cpl t south african cpl,could you guide me through the process.......
alex , 17 Jul, 2010
art student...
hi captain,
im an art stream stduent. isit possible for me to become a pilot? i was a science student when i was form 4. because i didn;t know that im interested in being a pilot, i made my life easier by transfering to art stream. i scored 7A's in SPM n i did alevels n entered into year 1 for Law. n from there i realise that im interested in being a pilot.. im 165cm. n speaks mandarin, chinese, english n bahasa malaysia fluently.. isit possible for me to become a pilot? plz help.
shirley , 21 Jul, 2010
i juz love tis blog..thx for the owner
raghav , 22 Jul, 2010
I'm slighly over-age and short sighted. But it's my dream.
Dear Captain Lim,

I am 26 now, I'm having my own business in kl downtown doing interior design and renovation. Perhaps it's fated or I'm not done with my dream and I want to achieve it when i still have my chance.
After reading ur blog, i went to an eye specialist to arrange a corneal lasik, which apparantly my eye-sight is in my way. Besides my eye sight, my SPM results was so so only, and was taken nearly 10years back. I had a degree in Business administration. Thus i had enrolled myself to retake my Spm in pure physics, add-math, and english, i had good score in English n add math but not Physics, that's y i need some clarification on clause 2 under Air Asia
'2. Passed SPM (or its equivalent that is recognized by the Malaysian Government) with at least A2 in English and mathematics and B3 in Physics taken at one sitting. (Those from the Arts stream should have at least an A2 in General Science); or...'
my question is what do you mean by 'taken at one sitting'? Does it mean if i retake SPM, i'll need to take all 3 of them at one time? Besides, how about Bahasa Malaysia? Is it stil a compulsary or i can ignore it since i had my credit in my past cert?

Thanks Capt Lim for ur patience, coz after some times working in the market and finally realize i want to pursue my dream, which might sounds outrage to certain people. But i'm willing to take my time out from my business and undergo the surgical to be a pilot. And i'm certain as long as i'm pursuing my dream, i'm going to success!! The issue is being lack of information.

Nick,
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it (facebook, active email)

p/s: email me in case you feel comfortable with it. Besides, i'm 26 now, assuming only AirAsia will take me, i only have my last shot for SPM this year end. Finally, God bless you.
Nick Lim , 14 Aug, 2010
tq Mr.Lim, u gave me the guidelines on how to apply scholar from MAS,MAS also provide scholar every year/maybe twice a year.. and now i'm waiting for the MAS next cadet pilot interview... i realized that they won't show any cadet pilot interview in advertisement to the public, nice trick of them.. thanks again Mr.Lim, u gave me n the others hope a lot!!
kirk pj , 27 Aug, 2010
it is require fees on the pilot course?
k , 29 Aug, 2010
how to apply MAS if no open position
Hi Captain Lim,

May I know how can we apply to be the MAS pilot if the position is not open on the website ? Anyway for us to apply ?
yef , 03 Sep, 2010
Hello , pleasure to meet you Captain Lim ,
i am 17 , im about to take my Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia
(SPM) , im on account stream , but i really want to pursue my ambition as a pilot , so without physic , do i have the chance to become a pilot , if there is , what are the requirement ? does physic is a "must" subject to become a pilot ?
jam , 21 Sep, 2010
Hello Captain Lim ,
just want to ask if account major
can take a part to become a cadet pilot ?
what are the requirement for us ?
kery , 21 Sep, 2010
PILOT
I AM FORM 3 STUDENT,I LKE TO BE A PILOT
PRAVEEN , 26 Sep, 2010
Can i?
i got 5 a and 3 b for my PMR exam this year(2010). Where can i apply to be pilot?
IWantToBePilot , 23 Dec, 2010
I want to become a pilot
Dear Capt Lim, I'm In Form 4.My ambition is to become a pilot. My father wants to enroll me to vocasional school and take electrical. Shall I just go to a normal school taking science stream or follow what my father said.How to ensure that i get scholarship from the airlines company. How many credits must I score for my SPM, and for what subjects? Thankssmilies/smiley.gif
Danial , 04 Jan, 2011
i am really interested
hi there, im really intrested in becoming a pilot but during my schooling days i never thought of it... now im stuck with nothing in my hand... i have 4credits and not credit in physics... must i resit mt spm or is there another way that i could do for me to become a pilot... im 22years now....
tony , 04 Jan, 2011
scholarship for pilot
where can i get a scholarship for pilot course??
Aim , 17 Jan, 2011
can i be a pilot?
sir,im going to graduate in my diploma in aerospace electronics that taken in singapore polytechnic...what is my next step to apply for pilot career..
prem , 23 Jan, 2011
Vision Problm
Dear sir,
im using a pear of glass. i have a vision problem that is 0.5. can i be a pilot?
waseem , 31 Jan, 2011
vision problem
Ermm.. if u have vision problem.....thats hard.....because...they won't accept any student wearing spectecles.....
Wawan , 23 Feb, 2011
????
if we fail on spm so is that posiblle to enter the pilot course .........do we pay more to enter the pilot if we fail on da exam..
mahen , 24 Feb, 2011
i dun think so...because i have called doctor george thomas, doctor from hospital tun hussein onn hospital. that hospital have certified by DCA for 1st class medical check ups... he told me that even though if u weear specs u still can become a pilot but both eye power + astig(if u have) cannot exceed 500 degree....if u have excced this limit u have to do laser surgery =)cheeers
vision problem , 26 Feb, 2011
hello sir
im anusha from india.i am 15years old n i really vant to be a pilot.bt sir i have eye sight by birth.but ma parents say that i wnt b qualified 4 it cause of my sight.but i vant to bring my dream come true so please sir tell me cause of my eye sight will i b qualified or not?
tahnkoyu
anusha karri , 01 Mar, 2011
Height
What if i am not qualified because of my height?! I am currently 156cm only
Well , 08 Mar, 2011
requirement
hi..i'm sures here..i am doing diploma in electrical and electronic engineering in management and science university,shah alam,malaysia..i would like to be a pilot...for that,in what course should i do my degree,,where??i need some information about it..mainly about the requirement and where should i continue ma studies to be a pilot.??
sures , 08 Mar, 2011
Questions
I have a query. What do they mean by a minimum 2 'A's and 2 'O's, including General Paper, in the GCE 'A' Level Examination (or its equivalent)? So what is the minimum required GP grades an aspiring pilot has to have in order to be qualified? Another question is that what is an 'O' Level credit since 5 'O' Level Credits are also the pre-requisites? Hope that any kind souls out there could help. It'll be deeply appreciated! ^^
YKC , 10 Mar, 2011
Avionic Engineering
Do you know anything about avionic engineering? If I want to become an avionic engineer in Malaysia, is it I have to get into the airline's academy? And do the airlines train their own engineers? And is it true that I can hardly get a job if I studies in a private college for avionic engineering?
Avionic , 18 Mar, 2011
entry proces
my SPM result is 5 credit but bahasa i'm E what can i do for that can i be a pilot??????????smilies/sad.gif
kanmani , 23 Mar, 2011
hye
what if i didnt take physics?
can i be a pilot??
nur fazira , 10 Apr, 2011
hye
i dont have physic subject..
can i be a pilot?
nur fazira , 10 Apr, 2011
Can you help me captain??
hi captain,my name is Fredy Yeong,and I am 15years old.My ambition is to be a pilot.But I have eye problem.And I must using the glasses to see.So,what should I do?Can you help me to solve this problem??

please reply me the answer at:http:// This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
smilies/smiley.gifsmilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/grin.gifsmilies/cool.gif
Fredy Yeong , 20 Jul, 2011
to get sponsor for my brother
hye capt..
my name is Megan Alyssa Vanstraten..
i wanted to get sponsor for my brother, Merle alistar Vanstraten..
he did went for interview but KISTAA (college) very particular in money matters...
my family can't afford the fees..
i hope u can help me..
my brother's SPM result-- GOOD!
megan alyssa , 30 Jul, 2011
to get sponsor for my brother
hye capt..
my name is Megan Alyssa Vanstraten..
i wanted to get sponsor for my brother, Merle alistar Vanstraten..
he did went for interview but KISTAA (college) very particular in money matters...
my family can't afford the fees..
i hope u can help me..
my brother's SPM result-- GOOD!
megan alyssa , 30 Jul, 2011
interest to be a pilot but how :(
Hi captain, i am faisal, this year i'll sitting SPM, i've read all the qualification to be a pilot, honestly i say, that i'm very weak ini Science subject, n i do not take Physics as my additional subject in SPM, so, i just want to ask, can i be one of the pilot without this qualification??
faisal , 13 Aug, 2011
help me
i'm sitting for my spm this year and pretty sure that i will get straight a's for my exam and i would like to know how to apply for a sponsorship from a local airline as i'm a orphan and i could not afford it.
shanmugam , 17 Aug, 2011
Do Your Research
Most of the correspondents on top are asking stupid questions to Captain Lim. I have no doubt that they will be answered stupidly or not at all. Do your research fellow Malaysian youngsters.
Not A Pilot , 28 Aug, 2011
my ambition is to be a pilot
Dear sir .my ambition is to be a pilot.and now i'm sitting for a diploma in electrical engineering .i don't know how to get a scolarship for pilot license because to me it's too expensive . and which academy should i go for my pilot license .
arif , 04 Sep, 2011
Aspires to be a pilot
I am 17 years old this year and I am Home School student. Can I apply to be a pilot with SIA?
Clement Ng , 04 Sep, 2011
q and a
hi captain,how are you??i hope you are in good condition.i want to ask you something,how long will be taken to finished studied at pilot academy before can be as a real pilot...THANK YOU!!!
aizad , 15 Sep, 2011
hi want to became a pilot
now l am study form 5 .l can do it in my examination very wellsmilies/smiley.gifsmilies/smiley.gifso l must be come a pilot
Thiban raaj , 15 Sep, 2011
how many credit in spm what is the most important subject for applying apilot
where can i find the school ofpilot what ia the most important subjek for me ,i am now in15i hope i will get your replying soon.so that i have more time to prepare for my study my opinion of flying is freedom it can give me relaxing i hope it do so.
chai kea yuen , 17 Sep, 2011
Questions...
Hi, i m a science stream spm candidate 2011, i'd love to become pilot for my future career. some how, i have totally no idea where to start. peoples around me, none are pilot.
Is that Additional mathematics important for becoming a pilot?
i can score A for all subject but Additional Mathematics. That's the worst part.
beside, co-curriculum,is that important?
for instance being a head boy in school, is that help?
Andrew Kee , 03 Oct, 2011
how to be a pilot when i am not good in math but good in driving car or flying toys
Mark Lawrence R. Velasco. , 05 Oct, 2011
Need serious attention
I want to be a pilot and i want to make it my profession. My medical condition is good , my maths,physics and english is very good. The only problem is that i cannot afford flying. i am a Pakistani national. Can any one show me the way?
GT , 09 Oct, 2011
I need help
I just finished my spm and it seems that i meet all the inquires,so may i know where should i go to apply for a scholarship because i am really into aviation and its been my life long passion to join the aviation industry and become a pilot
Bryan , 11 Oct, 2011
pilot course in philippines
omid omidi , 14 Oct, 2011
does airlines pilot need to go to nus
hello im shaun i am asking does airlines pilot need to go to nus. nus is national univesity of singapore
shaun tan , 19 Oct, 2011
Sir, I'm sitting for SPMexam next year...I'm very eager to become a pilot..How can I be n what criteria must I have??
tengku liyana , 25 Oct, 2011
from airforce to comercial pilot??
hi capt lim,..i just wondering how i can join the MAS pilot when i left the service??,..and what is the requirement/qulification for an ex-airforce pilot to join MAS??
Lt Amirul , 26 Oct, 2011
I have asthma...do I have chance becoming a pilot???
I told my family that I want to be pilot n they said I can't because of my asthma...over 2 years ago I told myself to be a pilot because I am a lover of nature n to be a pilot I can enjoy the natural beauty that god has created...can somebody tell me that have asthma still have chance to be a pilot...here my email...( This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ) plz inform me....i need some information...
jane , 26 Oct, 2011
spons
Hello captain ,
Hope your doing fine......your suggestions are very informative.......i have good percentage at my 10+2 with mathematics n physics and I have finished my graduation now I am 23yrs old Indian female.......i m 1 among all these wannabe pilots but the only problem is CPL is very expensive.....just cos of that I dont wanna give up......now that I am 23...i dont want waste anymore time...pls guide be how can i get sponsrd by airlines,heard all other airlines give preference to their nationality candidates....is it????...awaiting to hear from you smilies/smiley.gif
nicky , 30 Oct, 2011
hi,,
hello
im 17years old to sitting this year spm,and i dream become a pilot,but my subjects all are not so good,i've plan to study hard to improve my level,i think i can try my best to do it,but really need physics to get A in spm?And important things is i not science class wan,so about this do i still can become a pilot?
bryan , 02 Nov, 2011
i wanna become a pilot after form5
i am in foprm 5 and take english,maths,physics,technical drawing,and computercould i become a pilot
erenato , 04 Nov, 2011
Hi captain Lim,i currently studying A level in Malaysia.Can i apply to become a Singapore Airline pilot?How does it apply by online?What is the requirement?Please email me by this link: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .I look forward your reply sir=)
CK Tan , 29 Nov, 2011
Urgent sir
Hi captain Lim,I've jz finished sitting for spm this year(2011).I've been aiming to become a pilot since I was primary school.The problem appeared when my parents current savings do not afford me to join the course.In order to pursuing my dream,the only way is to get sponsership by airlines.Therefore,I would like to hear any advise from you,chaptain Lim.Your advise might play an important role for me to become a pilot.I am looking forward for your reply.Thank you.Here's my email address : This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it '> This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .
ARN , 13 Dec, 2011
I'm female and i want to be a pilot
is the height requirement of 165 cm applicable for females? because normally, malaysian girls are pretty short.
Claire , 20 Dec, 2011
i would like to be a pilot
Dear sir,
greetings...hello...i'm rashwan haqeem from malaysia...i want to be a pilot...so what is the requirement for an applicants as me that have graduated my secondary school...? wgat should i do now? i'm waiting for my spm result...and it will be announced in march 2012
rashwan haqeem , 30 Dec, 2011
dream to be a pilot
hi, i am studying in international school for my (IGSE) level....can u please give me some tip for piloting....please reply me back on ( This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it )
gur , 04 Jan, 2012
My future is to be a pilot
hello capt. lim, i am an electrical /electronic engineering graduate and seeking for schorlaship to study commercial pilot. i am in Ghana.
Leeward Agboadoh , 26 Jan, 2012
pilot , Low-rated comment [Show]
i want to be pilot , Low-rated comment [Show]
Please help me i am 37 years old from Indonesia capt..please help to get an easy way to get a licence until CPL and I will do anything its ok if any sponsored will take my 75% my sallary to pay back what the sponsored was gave it to me.....please help me......thank you...

Regard

Iskandar.Indonesia
Iskandar , 16 Feb, 2012
Hei captain, I am a form4 student and wish to become a pilot.I am a Malaysian citizen and wants to study in singapore.I wan to know the cost and requirements. I am pure science student,179 cm.and physically and mentally fit....Pls let me know soon!!!
CAptain VIishnnu , 11 Mar, 2012
dear capten,
i am zaim naufal. I'm having short-sightened. Is there any pilot school that i can apply? i'm 18. You may reply to my email ( This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ). Tq sir.
Zaim Naufal , 15 Mar, 2012
eyesight
sir ,im from malaysia and i want to be a pilot ...but the problem is i have a short sightedness of 150 degrees ..can i still be a pilot ?
?? , 17 Mar, 2012
wanna know!
sir, I am amirul. I want to ask you something, if I don't have credit in Physics and English .... but I have a credit for the subject of Malay language, history, mathematics, science, commerce, al-Quran and Islamic Law. am I still eligible for the academy into a pilot?
amirul , 22 Mar, 2012
Confuse..
dear captain
my name isham,i'm from malaysia,i got 7a's in my and being a pilot was my one and only dream i ever had..but lot of people told me that TRYING to be a pilot now days is risky and and there's a lot of pilot that couldn't secure a job..but being a pilot is my dream..plus the path of becoming a pilot also seems unclear to me..hope you could explain it and please help me..you may reply to my mail( This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it )
Isham Radzi , 23 Mar, 2012
how can i become an airline pilot?
hi i'm iranian and i have CPL/IR license from iran,unfortunately in my countrey woman cant be an airline pilot.is it possible in malaysia or singapore?
please guide me
simin , 04 Apr, 2012
Blog for Pilots: give you Readership
Hello dear capt.Lim
Respected sir,
I made a blog for pilots. Please give your Readership to: www.indiancommercialaviation.com or www.indiancommercialaviation10.blogspot.com

Thank-you very much

Regards

Gaurav Sawai
I.C.A.
gaurav sawai , 04 Apr, 2012
become a pilot in Singapore after form 5
sir,i am from Malaysia and wanna be a pilot in Singapore, i am account student and height just only 156cm...so can be a pilot? please reply to my mail as soon as possible ( This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it )smilies/tongue.gif
Jin Xuan , 08 Apr, 2012
Help me!
Hello Sir,
I'm malaysian, 18 years old. I really want to be a pilot. I read about the requirements for Malaysia Airlines, and I found out that I must get a minimum of B4 in Maths, Physics, and English. I got A2 in Maths, A1 in English but C6 in Physics. Can I still become a pilot for Malaysia Airlines?
Nazreen , 08 May, 2012
help me sir
sir , nice to meet you . my dream want to be a pilot but i dont how i want to apply for it . pleaasee help me , i begging . i'm malaysian
nor muhammad firdaus , 10 May, 2012
USA airline
I was talking to a pilot friend he said last year there was only 200 applications plus pilots are retiring
Kirk , 16 May, 2012
Pilot requirements
Hi captain,my name's is Nicole. I'm currently sitting for my STPM and I was wondering if it is a MUST to take physics in order to pursue piloting.At the moment I am considering biology for STPM but I fear that I wont be able to pursue piloting later on without physics.Would really appreciate some advice from you. Thank you captain! Cheers!smilies/smiley.gif
Nicole , 17 May, 2012
How can I get into Commercial Aviation ?
Hi,
I am from Qatar. I want to become a pilot for Qatar Airways or Singapore Airlines because I wanted to become one from 2 years of my age. I've visited my cousin a lot of times who lives in Singapore's Towner Road. I am in grade 10 right now I would like to know what percentage i should get to join a aviation college ! Pls. Help.

Manish , 20 May, 2012
Job prospect
Sir,
I need to know is it possible to get a job in Malaysia if I do my PPL, CPL and IR in Philippine's Red Wings Academy with 300 of flying hours?
Danesh Kumar Manimaran , 11 Jul, 2012
labuan matriculation college
Capt., i'm currently studying in labuan matriculation college...i want u'r opinion if i could apply for the airlines sponsorship by using my result here in matriculation...maybe it could help increase the chance of me gettin' the sponsorship or something...hehesmilies/grin.gif
hafiz , 25 Jul, 2012
if i dont have upsr, pmr or spm, cos im homeschooled, can i replace wiht a college degree? pls reply to viczyngg@hotmailcom thanks!
vic , 05 Sep, 2012
Sir, I'm from Malaysia, do airline pilots require degree in order to become one? pls reply to my e- mail ( This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ) thanks in advance smilies/smiley.gif
Simran Kaur , 20 Jun, 2014
I want to become a pilot
Hello Sir,
I'm graduated from class 10 and i want to become a pilot.So plz be replay me.What should i do for becoming a pilot.
Email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Nizam , 21 Jun, 2014
Pay for school or graduate tuition fees
Do you need a Loan?
Are you looking for Finance?
Are you looking for a Loan to enlarge your business?
I think you have come to the right place.
We offer Loans at low interest rate.
Interested people should please contact us on
For immediate response to your application, Kindly
reply to this emails below only

LOAN APPLICATION INFORMATION FORM
First name:
Middle name:
Date of birth (yyyy-mm-dd):
Total Amount Needed:
Time Duration:
Address:
City:
State/province:
Zip/postal code:
Phone:
Email ID.....
Mobile/cellular:
Monthly Income:
Which sites did you know about us.....
easy , 06 Aug, 2014
Hi I'm pakistan national can I become pilot in Malaysia ?? Please reply
Javaria qadir , 20 Sep, 2014

Write comment

smaller | bigger

busy

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Recommended By..

LIFE IN THE SKIES

'A Local Bestseller!'

Recommended by

Patrick Smith
Boston USA
(See
here)

Capt Meryl Getline
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

Capt Doug Morris
Canadian Airlines
(See
here)

Capt  Robert J Boser
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

Get an autographed copy here

AMAZON.COM  -  To Order, please Click here 

(eBook) Kindle edition - please Click here

View Book Launch video here

Follow me

@CaptKHLim

Like What You Read?

If you like what you read, more stories are found in my book LIFE IN THE SKIES (Preview here) and you can purchase a copy here. To check for any latest updates or postings, you can follow my Twitter at @CaptKHLim or Facebook here

MH 370 Interviews

Click here to View

10 Most Popular Posts

30 Previous Posts

Disclaimer | Privacy
2004 - 2011 © AskCaptainLim.com | Site Concept by eQuilec.com