AMAZON.COM  -  To Order, please Click here 

(eBook) Kindle edition - please Click here

Latest Comment

What happens when a
The answer is found here in Tom, Dick or Harry htt

Malaysia Airlines -
I am interested in the 777 Super Ranger Flight of

How to unfreeze an A
Hello guys Thank you for this interesting topic.

Can an aircraft take
In pactical terms, a commercial airplane never tak

What are the eyesigh
Dear Capt Lim, I am hoping to join a flying schoo

How to unfreeze an A
Hi, following on from the clear discription above;

Should I get a Degre
hi capt lim..i am wilson from sarawak..i am 17 yea

How much does a Boei
Hello Captains and Co-pilots I am currently 14 yea

Why do I experience
I am 25 yr old male, have flown my entire life no

The MH 370 and MH 17
Hello i am wondering do you know or recomand some

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Home > Training > Which flying school in Malaysia would you recommend?
Which flying school in Malaysia would you recommend?
Pilot Career - Training Schools
Friday, 28 December 2007 19:47

Hi Captain Lim,

I was wondering which flying school you attended. Well nowadays, Malaysia Airlines no longer send their cadets to train overseas, so could you recommend which local flying school is the best for me.

I am asking you because, from my point of view, the best pilot must come from the best flying school. I heard about MFA, HM Aerospace and APFT in Kota Bharu but I have no idea which one to go to.

I really hope you can help me decide. Gracias!

P.S. I'm just 16 years old.

Yours sincerely,

Syazwan

Hi Syazwan,

Whilst it is true that the best pilot must normally come from the best flying school, the reality is that, the individual character of the aspiring pilot plays a very important part as to how he would turn out in the end. If you are not hardworking or resourceful, the best flying school will find it very hard to make you a good pilot.  

Currently, there are three flying schools in Malaysia offering courses up to CPL/IR (Frozen ATPL) to enable one to join the airlines.

Malaysian Flying Academy (MFA) in Malacca is the oldest, followed by HM Aerospace (HMA) in Langkawi and the third one is Asia Pacific Flight Training (AFPT) at Kota Bharu.

From what I can observe, HMA is the largest and has the best flying equipment (aircraft and flight simulator) for flight training.

You can visit their websites, read their FAQ and check on the facilities provided (click on the links above). Thereafter, make your own decision base on your convenience and financial standing. On the average, the cost of training for the CPL with IR (Frozen ATPL) is around RM 250,000.

By the way, I was trained in the United Kingdom many years ago using older technology on conventional flight instruments but HMA students today are being introduced to EFIS (Electronic Flight Instrument System). You have the advantage here as all modern airliners are equipped with EFIS.

I wish you all the best in your future flying career.

The Cost of Flight School
Choosing a Flight School

Trackback(0)

TrackBack URI for this entry

Comments (63)

Subscribe to this comment's feed
plz guide me with my Indian and Casa CPL with IR , Low-rated comment [Show]
Economy downturn, affects employment of pilots, or not? , Low-rated comment [Show]
Really great resources!
Thanks captain for your good posting and information.it is really great.

Oh yeah.I hope can join hmaerospace one day! smilies/smiley.gif
Wana , 06 Jan, 2010
Suffering because of wearing spectacles , Low-rated comment [Show]
Question , Low-rated comment [Show]
question , Low-rated comment [Show]
where is good for me to pursue my piloting liscence , Low-rated comment [Show]
How you can select the best flight school
There are lots of commercial flight learning centers which give all information about flight training programs and are helpful to choose the best suitable options for the candidates according to their requirements.

http://www.commercialpilottraining.net/
Flight Schools , 14 May, 2010
Which school is good for only PPL?
hello, nice to meet you! I know nothing about flying. I heard from my friend said that plying is interesting. And i like it much. May i know which school is good and the fee is reasonable for PPL only? I just want to take flying as my hobby. thanks.
Howie , 04 Jul, 2010
... , Low-rated comment [Show]
Mr
i need this job pleas help me
Rizwan , 25 Aug, 2010
Need job. , Low-rated comment [Show]
FINANCIAL INQUIRY...
Hi captain.I am Precious from Nigeria and i have always had a dream of flying someday.Sir i would like to know how much it would cost me to attend an Aviation school in Malaysia.My E.mail is reshy1994@yahoo.com'>Preshy1994@yahoo.com
Olalere precious Steven , 29 Aug, 2010
PPL License , Low-rated comment [Show]
hi capt,is it necessary to obtain straight A's in spm to do piloting and what are the science subjects required?smilies/smiley.gif
jas , 17 Jan, 2011
Pilot As Career , Low-rated comment [Show]
Dear captain
sir im mugilan known as Agi_Mugi@ MJ.Agi. sir i need this job as pilot pleas help me.....i really interest in this job at last time and sincere too, but some changes im doin Higher diploma in software engineering, so command i would like to reality my dream to be pilot after finish my recent course... plz help me sir....(agilann_18@yahoo.com) my contact nom 0173238721.i wan be a pilot as proper after finish my diploma in software,plzz sir.......smilies/cool.gifsmilies/cool.gifsmilies/cool.gif
Agi_Mugi@ MJ.Agi , 21 Jan, 2011
wan be a pilot after finish my recent course Higher Diploma in software engineering finis within this year>>>soon
smilies/cool.gifSir pilot is my 1 job>>>>>uncontrobely im doin a software in computing...help me plz....
Agi_Mugi@ MJ.Agi 18 , 21 Jan, 2011
Help me
Dear,Cpt Lim,
I hold CPL,INSTRUMENT RATING FROM Iran civil aviation organization (ICAO)with 200 hours total flight time,and i would like to continue my job as a flight instructor course in other country such as flight school in malaysia,is it possible for me to participate in flight instructor course?can i find job with this position?
Mohammad , 30 Jan, 2011
mohammad from iran
please send me through mohammad_b7772hotmail.com
Mohammad , 30 Jan, 2011
hi captain.. i am taj.. i study in a international school in malaysia. many people said that we have to finish o'level and then only can enter a pilot school.. but i saw in internet that they said we need to do a'level too. i m confused.pls help me. can u pls tell me the qualification(like height, weight) to enter a pilot school.. i dream to be pilot from 10 years.

thx captain.. i will appreciate ur reply very much..as it will help me in future smilies/smiley.gif
taj , 04 Feb, 2011
scholarships , Low-rated comment [Show]
Seeking for answer
Hi Captain Lim,

I was wondering if I can apply for flying academy ? Cause I am not in pure science stream but it is my dream to be a pilot. There is no Physic, Chemistry nor Biology in my result. Do you think I can fulfill my dream ?

Sincerely,
Unlucky Girl
Fafa , 12 Apr, 2011
hi captain lim
i got my results spm allready . but my subjek bi is D . i got 5crdt , will I be accepted ???? this is my email deanyakuza@yahoo.com.au
Dean , 16 Apr, 2011
hi mr lim
i got allready my results spm . but my bi is D . i have 5crdt .will I be accepted ??
Dean , 16 Apr, 2011
Hi captain,

I'm joshua, I'm 17years old now

I'm wearing spectacles now and i have a dream to become pilot for 12 years.. can i still be a pilot with wearing spec??

i hv saw a pilot who work with MAS wearing spec too.. can i?

what the result that i must get in my spm??

Your sincerely
joshua
joshua ho , 22 Apr, 2011
searching for finance
hi captain,

i'm syukri,18 years old now,

recently,i'd attend an interview at KIST aviation academy..,and i was informed that the cost is RM250,000....it is a great number for me and most of my friend,
how i'm going to get that ..?

Yours sincerely,
Syukri
syuk , 03 May, 2011
how to be a pilot..???
hi captain..

i'm aiman,16 years old.
i want to be pilot..but i don't know how..i don't know where the college..i don't know evrythng..can u help me???
sincerely,
aiman
afif aiman , 31 May, 2011
all about pilot....
hello captain..

i'm ainin.i'm 17 years old...
i really want to be a pilot but i think it's quit difficult especially for a girl like me.
do you think i have a chance to be a pilot??????
ainin , 20 Jun, 2011
problems with eyes
Nice to meet you Captain!I am really fond of being a pilot and I found out that HMA is the best thing.I heard from most of the people.The main problem is my eye power.My eye powers are 3.5 on left and 2.5 on right.I just want to know whether I will be able to become a pilot.I am also trying my best to reduce the power.Please reply me to know whether I can become or not.
casper , 18 Jul, 2011
Flight schools in Europe
Hi Captain,

There are indeed a lot of options! The best way to find out is to compare and visit the interesting Flight schools... For the comparison part, here is a nice new european flight school directory: http://www.become-pilot.com

Regards,

Jeremy
Jeremy , 24 Jul, 2011
subjects other than physics
hi captain,

i'm amirul.i'm just 16 years old...
i really want be a pilot but I do not have my physics subject is science moden only.Do I have the chance to go to pilot school and became the pilot??
amirul , 05 Aug, 2011
Airline Pilot
Hi cpt,my name is Umar..am 18 years old studying aircraft engineering at Shenyang Aerospace University..Am really want to become an airline pilot after my BSC engineering..Please what is my advantage of studying Aircraft engineering in d field of Aviation??
Umar , 21 Aug, 2011
have dangeroes in study flight and how many years have to study
Good Morning,captain, my name is Wong T.Y......15 years old,my amdition is to become a pilot,but i flew scard because my uncle son "Wong Tian Yu have bought an accident in Manila.He is an insturtor.hOW MANY YEAR HAVE TO STUDY.mY FATHER IS AN CILVER ENGINNEER,HE GIVE ME SOME ADVICED TO BECOME A PILOT
wong tien yip , 15 Sep, 2011
Job for PPL student
Dear Sir,
I just got my PPL from GGIFA Malaysia , and for the time being try to get a job at any flying club (preferrably in Malaysia). May kindly advise me. Tq
Ummar Abdul-Qadir , 28 Nov, 2011
want to be a Pilot
hello captain,
i'm really admire you, because of your job. exactly its my dream to become a pilot. now i'm waiting the result of spm. after that, ill try to find the best academy for pilot. could you help me suggest please? thanx very much CAPTAIN.
erickson , 01 Dec, 2011
hi pilots
i wanted to know how long does it take to be a pilot a commercial one thanks.
vinay , 04 Dec, 2011
looking for scholarships
dear sir, im almost 18...waiting for my spm result...i wonder how can i involve in this course...on the other side, i also looking for suitable scholarships for pilot....btw, im a girl...is it impossible for me to get in this course?
syue , 06 Jan, 2012
Dear Cap
I would like to know the actual cost of a cpl with atpl could you pls refresh me on the cost and thank you in advance
terance , 14 Jan, 2012
is it possible for me to be a pilot?
hello:
Capt Lim,
im a student of engineering faculty of aimst university and im majoring in electrical and electronic.I would like to be a pilot since im little and i alwis wish to be one.My Spm reults is not that good and consider as a poor results and i would like to resit for certain papers.Beside that im really have no idea on which papers i should resit and is it my diploma in E&E engineering will be my backup too for a qualification into this piloting programme beside my Spm results??

tq:Sir/Capt
Premkumar Sivanantham
premkumar sivanantham , 18 Jan, 2012
Strike wing aviation
PPL+CPL+IR+ME £20,487.09 GBP - $32,000 USD - €23,969.34 EUR

Course duration: 6 Months Commercial Pilot Course with Instrument and Multi-Engine Rating.

All package includes food, accommodation,Ground School, Visa Extension, Student Study Permit, Medical Examinations, Special Clearance (NBI), Radio License (NTC), Uniform, JAA ATPL books, JAA private, commercial, multi engine videos dvd, ASA Pilot kit , All fuel and landing fees,

Total Actual Flying Hours: 200 hours
Strike wing aviation , 29 Feb, 2012
Hi Captain,

Im waiting for spm result. Im interested in being a pilot and going to the flying academy. I love physics & english. But the problem is I cant afford to pay for the flying school. Just had a call from a flying training school yesterday and I was invited to go to their talk. Really looking forward to it. Im a girl. My height is only 155 CM.

Any advice? And is it possible to get scholarship?
E. , 01 Mar, 2012
financial problem:(
hi sir, i have a quetion here
i was wondering how much i could loan from malaysia government(PTPTN), since i knew the aviation courses needing about 250K.....smilies/smiley.gif
Dayrl Lee , 22 Mar, 2012
result SPM to pilot school
hi cpt, my name is hazim i from malaysia go to the pilot school result SPM 8A
Muhd Hazim , 27 Mar, 2012
MAS
hye captain . i have 250hours flying with MAS (Malaysia Airlines System ) . now , do i interest with overseas company like US and GB . which one you prefer for me captain ?
captain confuse , 22 May, 2012
Flying school in KL
Hi Captain,
Pls check outt Air adventure Flying Club based out of Subang.call Andreas on 013-7232345. Got a piper warrior ii (160hp) with a last posted hire rate of RM550 per hour( subject to change with fuel).thx. Friendliest flying club ever.there have c152,c172as well
Terrence Chaw , 29 May, 2012
i want to be come a pilot
helo cpt.im abt 2 finish my secondary sch,i always dream 4 aviation sch bt sir i ned 2 know hw many years wl i do 2 be come a pilot and sme one tel me that first i hv to knw my blod group nd we checkt in the hospitalmy blod group is groupB so can i be a pilot wth ds blod group nd i ned knw wht ar the medical requirement for a pilot.thank u for this atenion. This my email:faisalminangi@yahoo.com
faisal saleh minangi , 29 May, 2012
how to become a flight engineer
hi capt lim,i am 16 this year and hope to futhur studies in flight engineering after my spm.may i know which university provides flight engineering courses whether in malaysia and also other countries?which university is the best?email:lighting1917@hotmail.com...thanks capt have a nice day
lin ka yek , 15 Jun, 2012
how to become a flight engineer?
hi capt lim,i am 16 this year and hope to futhur studies in flight engineering after my spm.may i know which university provides flight engineering courses whether in malaysia and also other countries?which university is the best?email:lighting1917@hotmail.com...thanks capt have a nice day
lin ka yek , 15 Jun, 2012
How can i become a Pilot?
Hello capt Lim,i am 15 this year. I want to be a Pilot since i was 6 and i want to know which University is the best?
Email:Buntheaninn@ovi.com...Thank Capt Welcome for your word.smilies/smiley.gif
Hin Buntheaninn , 12 Jul, 2012
AIRBUS RATING
SIR
I HAVE MY INDIAN CPL WITH CURENT M.E WITH IR ..CAN YOU ET ME KNOW ABOUT AIRBUS RATING IN MALAYSIA
Deepika Sharma , 19 Jul, 2012
AIR BUS RATING
SIR CAN YOU SUGGEST FOR AIRBUS RATING IN MALAYSIA...
Deepika Sharma , 19 Jul, 2012
What The Requirment To Be A Pilot
Hai Capt Lim...Im 17 years old...im having SPM this year~
Can i ask...What the requirment to be a pilot?And i sadly because
i got short sightness 100 above...So..Can i still be a pilot?This is
my dream...I hope captain lim can help me...Give some advice
for me...im trying to reduce me sightness…but it taking a long time…
So any suggestion for me?
Email:jasonwong0405@hotmail.com
Captain Lim , 27 Aug, 2012
i want to study airline but in yemen not find
abrahem , 07 Sep, 2012
yemen aden
i want to study the flying school in malisay and my country is not help me to study .
abrahem , 07 Sep, 2012
looking the scholarship for pilot
hai Capt. Lim
my name is Sandy, my ambitious is being a pilot someday, but i have my own problem about ill prepare in my economycaly condition. did u know any flying school offer scholarship right now? anyway, im not malaysian, but i just parmanet residence in malaysia. hopefully u can answer my question Capt. Lim Sandy Firmanand archive my dream...

regards
Sandy Firman
Sandy F , 27 Sep, 2012
What I chose??????
What is the difference between New Zeland(Golden Wings) flight training school and Malaysia(Asia Pacific) flight training school?Why the coast of flight school is the same?
aungphyo98@Gmail.com
My name is Aung Phyo Zaw(Myanmar) , 07 Feb, 2013
the cost
hai capt lim.
Is there any scholarahip that you know which can help me to study in this course.i really want to be a pilot. I come from a moderate family.thats y im seeking for the scholarship.
Please email me at acha_gurlz@yahoo.com
ACA , 14 Feb, 2013
aeroplane mechanic
Hello captain.I'm 17 year old. And I wish to be a aircraft mechanic ,what subject are important .I'm saint class student. thx
kahquan , 25 Apr, 2013
Need Help. Students that have a big dream
Hi Captain Lim,

I'm Fauzan from Seremban and I'm 17 years old. I'm now study at Technical Institute. I'm taking Mechanical Engineering course.

I would like to ask you something about to be a pilot. What I should do after SPM in order to be pilot. Could you recommend me which local flying school is the best for me to go. By the way, in which subjects that I need to focus and get a scholarship.

To be a pilot is my dream since I was birth. And I hope you can give me some tips to be a successful pilot.

Ahmad Fauzan
Email me if you have time
fauzane29@gmail.com

I hope you answer my question captain.
Fauzan Hamid , 26 Jun, 2013
Student
Hi Captain Lim,

Can you tell me more about All Asia Aviation Academy‎ (AAAA). I'm about to get enrolled to start my flying carrier.

Please email me via
bethueltangmil@gmail.com

Kind Regards.
Bethuel , 07 Oct, 2013
need to learn aeronautics in early age
hi captain lim . im just 15 years old.Is that i can get a flying school for my age?? pls email me
subashmariappan@yahoo.com
subash , 08 Dec, 2013
how to apply an airline in overseas
Hi,captain I'm 16 year old ,so I want to ask how to apply an airline in overseas smilies/smiley.gif

please email me
kennethwongjingonn@gmail.com
kennethwong , 26 May, 2014

Write comment

smaller | bigger

busy

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Recommended By..

LIFE IN THE SKIES

'A Local Bestseller!'

Recommended by

Patrick Smith
Boston USA
(See
here)

Capt Meryl Getline
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

Capt Doug Morris
Canadian Airlines
(See
here)

Capt  Robert J Boser
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

Get an autographed copy here

AMAZON.COM  -  To Order, please Click here 

(eBook) Kindle edition - please Click here

View Book Launch video here

Follow me

@CaptKHLim

Like What You Read?

If you like what you read, more stories are found in my book LIFE IN THE SKIES (Preview here) and you can purchase a copy here. To check for any latest updates or postings, you can follow my Twitter at @CaptKHLim or Facebook here

MH 370 Interviews

Click here to View

10 Most Popular Posts

30 Previous Posts

Disclaimer | Privacy
2004 - 2011 © AskCaptainLim.com | Site Concept by eQuilec.com