PLEASE stop asking about your eyes!!! Read the art

Vomiting on long hau
I have traveled a lot (almost 2 million miles) the

Can you become an ai
Hi captain , I had an accident 15 yrs ago and ha

Does a jet aircraft
Reading through the comments was both entertaining

Does a jet aircraft
So many nonsense here... Earth isn't flat. Period.

What are the cruisin
"how in the hell can you reach JFK if you leave fr

What are the eyesigh
tjsoihsdojfsioufs f post

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Home > Interviewing Process > An unsuccessful cadet pilot sharing his views on why he probably failed.
An unsuccessful cadet pilot sharing his views on why he probably failed.
Pilot Career - Interviewing Process
Sunday, 16 December 2007 18:52

Dear Captain Lim,

Your site is wonderful and it gives a lot of advices to those who want to become a pilot. If you have no objection, I would like to share with all on what had probably caused me to fail my cadet pilot interview with Cathay Pacific Airways.

My name is Johnson and I am 32 years old. I have worked for the last 10 years in the information technology sector. At the end of 2003, I sent in my application for the Cathay Pacific Airways Cadet Pilot Program and a few weeks later, I was invited to attend the selection process. The process consisted of 2 written tests (IQ and English), a simple medical check and an aptitude (psychomotor) test. I think I have passed those tests but failed in the preliminary interview.

At first, I was a little disappointed but I later realized that I was not prepared to be a pilot yet. I submitted my application because I wanted to change my job and found that a pilot's profession to be special, coveted by many and that the pay is good (I think). I also realized that, to be a pilot, you must be genuinely interested in it first, not merely wanting to be one just because of the attractions.

I have not given up my pursuit yet. I will prepare myself more thoroughly this year, like improving my English and my knowledge in aviation. If I finally find that this career is still not my cup of tea, then only will I give up pursuing it.

Could you kindly give me some advice as to whether there are any age limit on the Cadet Pilot Program? I will be 33 soon. Was the age factor a reason why I failed? Will my application be rejected the next time I submit it?

Thank you.

Johnson

Hi Johnson,

Thank you for sharing your views and why you were unsuccessful in the Cathay Pacific Airways Cadet Pilot interview. I am not very clear on the Cathay's Cadet Pilot Program policy. You can write to them to find out on the age and re-application issue.

Trackback(0)

TrackBack URI for this entry

Comments (2)

Subscribe to this comment's feed
Cathay Pacific Cadet programme
Hey there!! I am not sure what their requirements are for their cadet but all I know is there is someone who is 35 and the oldest amongst all who got in as a cadet.
Fly boy , 26 Sep, 2010
older cadets
In my opinion age is a very important factor, not to be disregarded. consider the fact that to receive the higher end of the pay grade you have to hold a senior position in the the company which usually equates to time served. this time served to reach the level of captain can any where in the 10's of years period. Now consider the fact that you have to do training which can at most go for 3 years. consider the fact that pilots need to be medically fit to fly. and as time goes on the probability of passing the yearly medical goes down slightly especially from 60 years onwards. now if your 35 and start training now you will have around 20 years to get to the higher side of the pay scale which compared to pilots who started in their 20's is less probable
Otto , 28 May, 2011

Write comment

smaller | bigger

busy

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Recommended By..

LIFE IN THE SKIES

'A Local Bestseller!'

Recommended by

Patrick Smith
Boston USA
(See
here)

Capt Meryl Getline
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

Capt Doug Morris
Canadian Airlines
(See
here)

Capt  Robert J Boser
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

38 Readers' Comments
(See here)

Get an autographed copy here

AMAZON.COM  -  To Order, please Click here 

(eBook) Kindle edition - please Click here

View Book Launch video here

Follow me

@CaptKHLim

Like What You Read?

If you like what you read, more stories are found in my book LIFE IN THE SKIES (Preview here) and you can purchase a copy here. To check for any latest updates or postings, you can follow my Twitter at @CaptKHLim or Facebook here

MH 370 Interviews

Click here to View

10 Most Popular Posts

Disclaimer | Privacy
2004 - 2011 © AskCaptainLim.com | Site Concept by eQuilec.com