PLEASE stop asking about your eyes!!! Read the art

Vomiting on long hau
I have traveled a lot (almost 2 million miles) the

Can you become an ai
Hi captain , I had an accident 15 yrs ago and ha

Does a jet aircraft
Reading through the comments was both entertaining

Does a jet aircraft
So many nonsense here... Earth isn't flat. Period.

What are the cruisin
"how in the hell can you reach JFK if you leave fr

What are the eyesigh
tjsoihsdojfsioufs f post

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Home > Flight Simulator > Is the flight simulator realistic and worth the money?
Is the flight simulator realistic and worth the money?
Pilot Career - Flight Simulator
Monday, 26 December 2005 15:07

Hello Capt Lim,

I was searching the Internet for the descent formula while established on the LOC (localizer) for landing and found your web site.

It*s been 5 months when I started being a Flight Simmer and I have learned a lot since then. I just can*t help it - its something inside me.

Anyway, I would like to have the opinion of a real pilot - I mean the real truth about the FS 2004 as this program looks great with many simulated instrumentations, SIDS, STARS, etc.

Is this really only a simulation or another product from a company that wants to sell?

Personally, I realized that many procedures in the CHARTS are specific and accurate. Could you please give me your opinion on what you think about this?

I would like to know whether the simulator is realistic.

Thank you very much

Regards

John.

Hi John,

Honestly, since my visitors first introduced me to the FS 2002, I have not upgraded it to the FS 2004 nor flew it yet (it is still somewhere in my drawer!) I believe there are many improvements in it. Not many current or real pilots use this software when compared to the aspiring pilots. Why? Well, they have an even better and more expensive aircraft simulator (where recurrent tests are conducted) to fly in. However, I do fly the FS 2002 once in a while to familiarize myself with some basic procedures.

If you have followed my answers on this topic, I have mentioned that this software is fantastic to the aspiring pilots. For the price you pay, it can do so many things that a real aircraft can do. One exception - it could not simulate the feel of a real plane. The views, graphics, flight instruments, etc, are very good indeed. I would recommend it to all aspiring pilots because you can learn and understand a lot of basic maneuvers before you actually fly a real plane. This would save you a lot of money!

You would not believe it. Many simulator pilots can fly the FS2002/4 manually better than I do! How? They practice it hundreds of times and know the artificial feel of the simulator very well. For me, I love it when I engaged the Boeing 777 autopilot (which I usually do) for it flies beautifully - except for some minor glitches.

I am not clear about your question regarding the CHARTS.

On your last question, I think the FS2002/4 is fairly realistic and a good product worth your money if you are into flying - real or simulation.

Boeing 777 landing at Hong Kong Old Kai Tak Airport on the FS 2004

Trackback(0)

TrackBack URI for this entry

Comments (1)

Subscribe to this comment's feed
X-Plane
For a more realistic sim, you should give X-plane a try. That thing is FAA approved!

http://www.x-plane.com

Sorry for putting this link, believe me, I'm not paid to do this but not many people know so you should have a look.
Flyboy , 01 Aug, 2009

Write comment

smaller | bigger

busy

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Recommended By..

LIFE IN THE SKIES

'A Local Bestseller!'

Recommended by

Patrick Smith
Boston USA
(See
here)

Capt Meryl Getline
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

Capt Doug Morris
Canadian Airlines
(See
here)

Capt  Robert J Boser
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

38 Readers' Comments
(See here)

Get an autographed copy here

AMAZON.COM  -  To Order, please Click here 

(eBook) Kindle edition - please Click here

View Book Launch video here

Follow me

@CaptKHLim

Like What You Read?

If you like what you read, more stories are found in my book LIFE IN THE SKIES (Preview here) and you can purchase a copy here. To check for any latest updates or postings, you can follow my Twitter at @CaptKHLim or Facebook here

MH 370 Interviews

Click here to View

10 Most Popular Posts

Disclaimer | Privacy
2004 - 2011 © AskCaptainLim.com | Site Concept by eQuilec.com