PLEASE stop asking about your eyes!!! Read the art

Vomiting on long hau
I have traveled a lot (almost 2 million miles) the

Can you become an ai
Hi captain , I had an accident 15 yrs ago and ha

Does a jet aircraft
Reading through the comments was both entertaining

Does a jet aircraft
So many nonsense here... Earth isn't flat. Period.

What are the cruisin
"how in the hell can you reach JFK if you leave fr

What are the eyesigh
tjsoihsdojfsioufs f post

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Home > Fear of Flying > Overcoming Fear of Flying
Overcoming Fear of Flying
Flying - Fear of Flying
Sunday, 20 September 2015 10:54

Overcoming Fear of Flying

After 25 years - I can fly!

Hi Capt. Tom,

Until last week, I had been terrified of flying. In April, I was awarded a contract with a client in the USA and I knew I'd have to deal with this fear or fail in my career. (I'm in Alberta, Canada) It was 25 years since I had last flown and my biggest fear was losing control of myself and freaking out on the plane. (Control issues when the door closes, etc.) Turbulence was also a concern.

Knowing I needed help beyond meds and alcohol, I found your course online and bought the Guaranteed SOAR Program- the full meal deal as it were. I watched all of the videos and did the strengthening exercises. I had those down and fully ingrained in about 3 months.

Within two months, I had the 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 exercise so ingrained I would dream about showing other people how to do it in my dreams! (Seriously. I had a dream where I was with someone on a plane and they were panicked. I said "There's this awesome exercise called the 5, 4 3, 2, 1 method!" Then I showed him how to use it. It has been great for helping me fall asleep or just get grounded in any situation.

The big day came on September 10th and I had a kerfuffle with Security, which I think I handled like a rockstar. I did not freak out at all (until I was told I couldn't fly!). I rebooked the flight for the next day and was without the person who was supposed to be flying with me. I was doing this all by myself for the first time in 25 years! Would I be able to handle it??

Yes, I did! The flight attendants were awesome and I got to meet the pilots too. When the flight attendant closed the door, I was totally calm. I did the "seat calibration" thing and then we took off. Oh my God! It was the best feeling ever! Now that I knew every single little thing that was happening, I was calm and even got to a point where I could look out the window and see the curvature of the horizon.

All I could think was, "Wow... I've been waiting for this for over half of my life!" We had turbulence and I watched my cup of ginger ale and noticed the liquid was hardly moving. I lifted my feet off the floor and my arms off the armrest and felt fine. In fact, I just put on my iPod, cranked my tunes, played "Angry Birds" and bopped along with the turbulence until we landed. The landing was a bit rough, but I knew there was wind blowing and a short runway, so I was okay. It's a 3.5 hr flight from Calgary to Dallas, TX and I enjoyed all of it!

Coming back, I was fine as well for the most part. I was with my partner this time and I think I was more nervous about the review of my strategic planning session than I was of the flight!

I'm not one to write these kind of reviews, but I had to this time. I was very skeptical about this, but I can no longer say that I am afraid of flying. Now I can't wait to go to places like Vegas, Victoria and perhaps even Europe!

Thank you, Sir, for helping me to go from having a small panic attack just seeing a plane go by to being able to look at an airplane and think, "Hmmm. I wonder where they're going? Hopefully somewhere awesome!" I am 40 years old and had not flown since I was 15. They say that "Life begins at 40", and with my renewed confidence in flying, I can honestly say that is true.

Thank you and your colleagues for this wonderful program. I hope many more people benefit from it and can SOAR into a life of freedom from this particular fear!

Sincerely,

Full Length Course

• The SOAR Program Package includes 11 DVDs, thirty minutes of private counseling, and unlimited group sessions
• The Guaranteed SOAR Program Package includes 11 DVDs, two hours of private counseling, and unlimited group sessions
For more information click here 

The Breakthrough Treatment for Fear of Flying

Trackback(0)

TrackBack URI for this entry

Comments (0)

Subscribe to this comment's feed

Write comment

smaller | bigger

busy

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Recommended By..

LIFE IN THE SKIES

'A Local Bestseller!'

Recommended by

Patrick Smith
Boston USA
(See
here)

Capt Meryl Getline
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

Capt Doug Morris
Canadian Airlines
(See
here)

Capt  Robert J Boser
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

38 Readers' Comments
(See here)

Get an autographed copy here

AMAZON.COM  -  To Order, please Click here 

(eBook) Kindle edition - please Click here

View Book Launch video here

Follow me

@CaptKHLim

Like What You Read?

If you like what you read, more stories are found in my book LIFE IN THE SKIES (Preview here) and you can purchase a copy here. To check for any latest updates or postings, you can follow my Twitter at @CaptKHLim or Facebook here

MH 370 Interviews

Click here to View

10 Most Popular Posts

Disclaimer | Privacy
2004 - 2011 © AskCaptainLim.com | Site Concept by eQuilec.com