I'm planning a trip from the US to the Philippines. I'll be flying economy on a Delta Boeing 777. I have a fear of flying because I've never been on a plane before. Most of my fear is getting claustrophobia and I’ll be on that plane for 16 hours.
I know the 777 is a big plane but is there anything to do in flight besides sitting in your seat or just walking up and down the aisles.
Do they have like a lounge or bar sitting area?
Delta Boeing 777 Economy/Business Class
On the Boeing 777, Delta Airlines have audio and video facilities for passenger to keep them entertained in the air. In the BusinessElite cabins on internationally-configured Boeing 777s, they have the all-digital Panasonic eFX AVOD system and it is trademarked by Delta as Delta on Demand.
The Panasonic eFX system is also available in the economy class. So you can keep yourself busy with movies.
Of course, when you are bored in flight, here are some tips which I have mentioned previously in this site for you:-
1. Try to exercise in flight. Stretch and flex your muscles to prevent blood clots in deep veins causing DVT – deep vein thrombosis.
2. To reduce jet lag, sleep as much as you like when flying from West to East and if flying the other way round, stay awake as much as possible.
3. Drink as much water as you can as the air in the plane is very dry. Avoid coffee.
4. Take off your contact lens to prevent your eyes from becoming very dry.
5. Get an inflatable neck rest for long haul flights.
6. Bring some reading materials to keep yourself occupied when you get tired of doing other things.
7. Be friendly. Speak to your neighbor by introducing yourself.
There is no lounge or a bar sitting area in a Boeing 777 (except on the Airbus A380)
I wish you a safe and comfortable flight.
Delta Boeing 777 flying out of Manchester Airport, UK